Saturday, January 30, 2010

Introduction of Me

I can't believe that I am finally starting the HCG diet! My husband and co-workers have done the diet and have lost 20-25 pounds in just 5 weeks. For those of you out there who just have around 10-15 pounds to lose, you know how hard it is to get those last pounds off! I have struggled with my weight after having two children and I have been able to maintain around 132. My starting weight today is 132.8 pounds. My heaviest was 188 pounds after I had my first son!! I managed to lose all of it and got back down to 130 pounds before getting pregnant with my second son just 18 months after my first son was born. I only gained 18 pounds with him and was 148 pounds when I had my second c-section. I lost it within a few months but ended up around 131 and stayed there. I will go up to 137 at times but by eating a low calories (1,000 calories daily) I have now managed to get my weight back to 132. Yes, it is in the normal range but it is not where I want it to be. My BMI is around 24 and that is too close to overweight for me. I am a size 6 but I want to get back in my size 2's. Therefore I am starting the hcg diet today. For those of you that do not know what it is, go to www.hcgdietinfo.com and you will find more info. I am doing the daily subcutaneous injections of hcg from a doctors office. It involves loading for two days and then starting the VLCD (very low calorie diet) of 500 calories. The protocol for it has been around since the 1960's from Dr. Simeon and is very safe. Most people lose 2 pounds daily but for my weight, I will probably lose 1 pound daily. That sounds great to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment